Grossherzogin Elisabeth

Grossherzogin Elisabeth was built in 1909 as a trading schooner called San Antonio. In 1936, their rig was dismantled and her diesel engine was replaced with a stronger one. She then traded as a motor coaster until 1971 when she was sold to German owners who refitted the rig and reconstructed her to the sail passenger ship Ariadne.

In 1982, An Elsfleth ship owner took her to her new home port, where she has been ever since, and used as a hostel and training ship for ship’s mechanics and nautical officers.
She is owned by the non-commercial association alled Schulschiffverein “Grossherzogin Elisabeth” e.V. in Elsfleth/Weser and operated by a voluntary crew performing day cruises on river Weser and weekend trips in the German Bight and, during summer vacations, extended voyages in the North Sea and the Baltic. Whenever possible, she also takes part in the Tall Ship’s Races – sometimes with great success.

Luokka: A

Class: A

Kotisatama: Elsfleth, Saksa

Home port: Elsfleth, Germany

Valmistumisvuosi: 1909

Year built: 1909

Takilatyyppi: Kahvelikuunari

Rig: Gaff Ketch

Pituus: 64,42 m

Length: 64,42 m

Korkeus: 28,04 m

Height: 28,04 m