Kapitan Borchardt

STS Kapitan Borchardt is a three-masted gaff-rigged schooner constructed in 1918, in the Netherlands, as an oceanic cargo ship. Over the years ‘Nora’ (launching name) was frequently renamed and when she arrived at the Polish coast she was called ‘Najaden’. In 1934 a crash with Pinguin – Dutch offshore motor ship – took place on the River Thames. As a result, our ship lost her original clipper bow.

Over the period of the Second World War the vessel served on the Baltic Sea in Kriegsmarine as a training ship for U-Boot school located in Gdynia. During German evacuation operation on the Baltic Sea in 1945 the ship was towed to Travemude. In 1989 Stockholm became the home port of the vessel. There it was reconstructed and – for the first time – used for charter passenger voyages on the Baltic Sea. On August 30, 2011 the ship was handed over to Polish sailors in Nynashamn, Sweden. On that day the vessel had its first cruise under the Polish flag. Soon after that on October 8, 2011 in the city of Gdańsk she was christened as Kapitan Borchardt.

Since 2011 the owner of STS Kapitan Borchardt is Skłodowscy Yachting Sp. z o.o. SKA.

Luokka: B

Class: B

Kotisatama: Varsova, Puola

Home port: Warsaw, Poland

Valmistumisvuosi: 1918

Year built: 1918

Takilatyyppi: Kahvelikuunari

Rig: Gaff Schooner 3

Pituus: 41,04 m

Length: 41,04 m

Korkeus: 20,04 m

Height: 20,04 m