Kruzenshtern

Kruzenshtern-parkki rakennettiin Saksan Wesermündissä (Bremerhaven).
Laiva laskettiin vesille vuonna 1926 ja sen nimeksi tuli Padua. Toisen maailmansodan jälkeen vuonna 1946 Padua siirtyi Neuvostoliitolle sotakorvauksena ja sai nimekseen “Kruzenshtern” tunnetun venäläisen merenkävijä amiraali Ivan Kruzenshternin mukaan.
Kruzenshtern kuuluu ns. windjammereihin (englannin kielestä “to jam the wind” – puristaa tuulen). Tämän sarjan purjelaivat olivat aikansa nopeimmat, niin kuin puristaisivat nopeutensa tuulesta.

Kruzenshtern is the second largest sailing ship in the world behind another Russian ship, Sedov. Originally called Padua, she was built in Germany in the 1920’s as one of five clipper ships for the “Flying P Line” which traded in the Atlantic, Indian Ocean and Pacific. The five ships’ names all began with “P” and only Padua is still sailing. Pamir sank in a hurricane off the Azores, Peking ended up as a museum in New York, Pommern is alongside in Mariehamn and Passat is tied up as a youth camp with mast, but no sails, near the Kiel Canal.
Padua was awarded to Russia in 1946 and renamed Kruzenshtern after the famous Russian hydrographer and navigator. She is easy to recognise with distinctive black and white sides, common on ships that traded with the East, where the design imitated gunports to scare away pirates.

Luokka: A

Class: A

Kotisatama: Kaliningrad, Venäjä

Home port: Kaliningrad, Russia

Valmistumisvuosi: 1926

Year built: 1926

Takilatyyppi: Nelimastoparkki

Rig: Barque 4

Pituus: 113,32 m

Length: 113,32 m

Korkeus: 51,21 m

Height: 51,21 m