Nadezhda

“Nadezhda” was launched as “Sterna” in Germany in 1912, in 1936 German national hero Felix fon Luckner bought her, rebuilt and rename to “Seeteufel”. In 1937-39 she made circumnavigation under Nazi flag (she was presented as cartographic vessel, but more served to secret service).

After WWII the schooner was captured in Szecin by Soviet Union. She served as training ship for Naval cadets, named “Leningrad” and “Nadezhda”. From 1958 to 2008 she belonged to Central (River) Yacht Club in Leningrad/St Petersburg. In 2008 she was in really bad condition, but new owner Alexey Sidorov opened a new age in her history. A serious repairs was made – hull work, changing masts, making new sails. In August 2010 “Nadezhda” sailed again and had shown a speed up to 10 knots.

Luokka: B

Class: B

Kotisatama: Pietari, Venäjä

Home port: St. Petersburg, Russia

Valmistumisvuosi: 1912

Year built: 1912

Takilatyyppi: Kuunari

Rig: Topsail Schooner 2

Pituus: 39,00 m

Length: 39,00 m

Korkeus: 19,5 m

Height: 19,5 m